Two Americas & Two Realities

 Presently there are two Americans.  There is the America of our national leadership which at present is in a very bad and unwell place.

Then there is also the America of the people.  This is still the same America that it has always been.  People still believe in the normalcy of our country and in fact conduct their lives as though this is absolutely still the case.  Thank you to all the American people who still believe in and carry on with the America that we have always been and still are.  This is so very needed and important. 

There is such a contrast at present between the America of our national leadership and the America of the people.  It’s like we are living in two different realities.  They are both real though.

Today my DAR chapter piled a hotel luggage cart high with donations of snacks for student veterans at a local college.  It’s a nice thing to think about.  

Also at today’s meeting, 96 year old Mary showed me a picture of a puzzle of the Mayflower that she has been working on while staying at the home of her son.  What a coincidence when I have just been interested in the pilgrims and the Mayflower myself.  Life is full of funny little coincidences.  I told her that I had recently watched a PBS documentary about the pilgrims.  She told me that she and her son had also just watched a program about the Mayflower and the pilgrims. I think it is a different program from the one I watched, but she couldn’t tell me what streaming service she had watched it on, so I’m not sure what program it was.  Mary got her puzzle from the DAR store and it is a 1000 piece puzzle!  I give her credit for working on a 1000 piece puzzle at the age of 96.  I myself would prefer a version with maybe half the pieces! 😂  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Of The Dead

Enigma To A 17th Century Person

Genealogy