Gone North Beryl


 So hurricane or tropical storm Beryl, that we in the RGV were bracing for, has evidentially taken a significant course further north of us.  We have gone from, must prepare for a tropical storm or hurricane mode, to now being outside of the range of its path.  Well if my chest freezer clean out and conversion into an ice box has proved to be unnecessary, this is actually a good thing.  It’s actually quite preferable to have power and air conditioning in the summer in South Texas.  I learned in 2020 though how to really prepare for a days long loss of power.  Must have ice!  And a battery operated fan and a means of charging cell phones and candle and battery powered light.  And of course water!  We are now well stocked with bottled water.  We fortunately never lost access to our water in our July 2020 hurricane.

Wait.  Am I exaggerating there being a certainty of escape for our area from the cone of Beryl?  I have no idea.  I guess I was looking at how far the center line has moved.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Of The World & Happiness

Potato Soup