Very Small Wild Cats



 How is it that I never knew before tonight that there exist some very small wild cats?

I’m not sure that I’m buying that I just never knew that there are some tiny wild cats, the smallest, the rusty-spotted cat, having an adult weight of just around 3lbs.  How could I have not had this information my whole life?

The rusty-spotted cat.


I also had never before heard of the jaguarundi that can be found living near the Rio Grande River. 

The jaguarundi.


I guess it just goes to show that we know what we know and we can be surprised to learn that our own knowledge and assumptions can have missing information.  I think I would have guessed that bobcats were the smallest wild cats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Of The World & Happiness

Potato Soup