Scientology


 Earlier today, I found myself thinking about Scientology.  I remember that years ago, I watched the TV series “The Path” on Hulu.  After that, I watched (I don’t recall on what streaming service) “Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath” with Leah Remini and Mike Rinder.  This program about Scientology had three seasons and was all about the practices of Scientology and the harm and abuse perpetrated by this cult religion.  It was eye-opening for sure.  I had never previously learned much about cult movements and cult religions, and it was shocking to me to think that such harmful organizations actually exist in the United States of America and that children are born into these cults.  I knew there were religions such as the Jehovah Witnesses and the Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints but I never really knew much about these abusive religions.  While watching the Leah Remini series, I realized that this organization was even worse and more harmful than the fictional movement of Meyerism on the tv series “The Path”.  I have a lot of respect for Leah Remini.  I think she is like a rockstar for having been brought into Scientology as a child and then coming to see the light and create the program that she did to expose the truth and harm of this abusive organization.  And then there is Tom Cruise who wasn’t born into or brought into Scientology as a child but who became a member and evidently believed in a false positive representation of the organization that was portrayed for him.  I wonder if he ever watched Leah Remini’s series?  How could he not, being a member of Scientology himself?  Wouldn’t he want to know why she was creating a series to expose the harms and abuses of a religious organization that he believed in and was supporting?  If he is still a member of Scientology (the last I was aware he was), I have no idea where his head is at.  I remember as a teenager coming across and looking at the book “Dianetics” by L Ron Hubbard at a bookstore.  I was curious what it was all about, but fortunately I decided to just put the book back on the shelf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Of The World & Happiness

Stuck On Word Puzzles

Now