Politeness



I’m not sure if this is really true or if it is just my perception because I have paid more attention to it, but it seems to me that in recent years people have become more polite than ever before.  I know that politeness is part of the culture and nature of people where I live, but I have noticed this elsewhere during my recent travels.  I have noticed that everywhere I go, I bump into people who practice kindness towards strangers.  I notice this in particular in public places.  People just immediately apologize and say “Oh, I’m sorry” whenever they unintentionally bump into or end up in someone else’s space regardless of how it happened or who was at fault.  And then the other person says something like, “No problem, you’re fine.”.  What a perfect attitude and great way this is for people to get along.  My parents and I even noticed this recently while I was visiting them.  My mother, due to arthritis, now has to use a walker or cane whenever she is out and needs to walk or get around for any distance or length of time.  While navigating an airport and extra shuttle transportation necessitated by a closed parking lot, she was constantly being offered help and assistance by strangers.  My father even later commented that he couldn’t believe how nice and helpful people had been.  It seems to me that this tendency has become quite widespread.  I know this doesn’t always hold true.  Plenty of times people, myself included, are just wrapped up in our own stress or need and desire to hurry and accomplish what we are trying to do.  And we all experience unpleasant occasions when we bump into people who are just downright selfish and rude.  Overall though, I feel like people in general have become increasingly more polite and helpful.  I definitely believe that behavior amongst human beings is contagious and spreads, and it is to all of our benefit for this behavior to be of a very positive nature.  Humanity can only thrive from a spreading virus of politeness, kindness, and helpfulness.  I really hope to see this continue. 😄👍 I often think that other people are more patient and nicer than I am, (I don’t want to be the one who gets pushed behind or walked over) so I appreciate good examples of the kind of behavior that makes life better for everyone.  #politenessandhelpfulness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Of The World & Happiness

Stuck On Word Puzzles

Now