Another Year Older






 I am officially 57 today.  Two years ago when I turned 55, I was actually excited about it for a silly reason.  I was not excited that all my younger adult years were behind me.  I was excited that I now qualified for AARP discounts anywhere the required age was 55+.  There aren’t that many places where the senior discount age begins at 55, but Denny’s is one of them and I like to go to Denny’s once in a while.  I could also rationalize that I was a brand new old person.  Fast forward two years.  I am still not that far away from 55 but I can only see this going in one direction.  It’s one of those things that can’t go backwards.  I would still prefer to be a newbie rather than a seasoned old person.  (I was just told that my other option is to have a lobotomy. 😂 I was using speech to text.)  Anyway, I think I just need an attitude adjustment.  In previous centuries and millennia, growing old was something that only happened to the most fortunate of people. 

 Que sera sera whatever will be will be.  Happy Birthday to me.  I think I will take the attitude of being grateful for the time that I have left, at a time when living can hold its greatest advantages. 


What?  No bananas?  What’s up with that?  And is that a raw pork chop back there between the candles?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Of The World & Happiness

Stuck On Word Puzzles

Now