Music Stores & Shopping Malls

 It is weird that music stores at some point became a thing of the past.  I would imagine that in some cities and perhaps some other places there are still used record shops that exist.  Large department stores like Walmart and Target also still have small sections with very limited amounts of vinyl records and CDs.  Barnes & Noble also still has a music and video section although I don’t know how much can actually be found there.  Gone are the days though of music stores that existed mainly just to sell new (as in current) but also older new albums and music in various forms such as cassettes, singles and then CDs.  

Malls are much less interesting nowadays unless a person is all about fashion and appearance.  Okay you might still find stores like Spencer’s for young people, but gone are stores like The Nature Company, Discovery Channel Store, Linens n Things, KB toys, Wicks N Sticks, and different book stores (remember Walden books, Brentanos, B Dalton and Borders).  No, malls just aren’t the same anymore, for a person such as myself anyway.  Other interesting shops that do still exist don’t exist within indoor malls.  I guess this is my little retail history lesson. 🙄

On a side note, when I was a college student in Boston, Woolworth was my favorite store.  There were two that I could go to, and one that I could walk to in less than 15 minutes.  What a shame that Woolworth stores in the US are a thing of the past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Of The World & Happiness

Stuck On Word Puzzles

Now