Dinosaur Poop



 


One of these days my family will think that I have gone off the deep end, but at that point what will it matter anyway? 😂 For some reason I started thinking, last night, about a program that I once watched on television.  I don’t know how my thoughts led me to this, but anyway, here I am.  I don’t remember the whole program, but in the show, which was about real life stories, there was an auction that was going to take place and one of the things that was going to be auctioned off was a supposedly genuine fossilized piece of dinosaur poop a.k.a. coprolite.  Now I am not a fossil or dinosaur expert, but if a genuine fossilized piece of dinosaur poop was available to be auctioned off, that would be a remarkable thing.  When the poop was put up for bidding though, there was far less interest than I would have expected.  So the burning questions are:

  1. Was the dinosaur poop fossil genuine?  I don’t remember who the dino poop expert was that certified it as genuine. 
  2. Why was there not more interest in it by the people attending the auction??  I mean who cares if it was poop.  If it was truly a genuine article, who wouldn’t want to own a genuine surviving remnant of dinosaurs.  That is f*****g huge!  And I am not talking about the size of the poop.  I’m talking about the actual fact of it being an actual remnant of dinosaurs.  Did all of the people not bidding have reason to believe that the poop was not genuine or did they just feel that an actual dinosaur remnant was not worth owning if it was just their poop and not a piece of their bone.  Would they really not want a dinosaur’s poop fossil if it was genuine?  I can’t imagine that the latter could be possible unless people could be crazy enough to let their normal valuation of poop blind them to the underlying truth that, if genuine, fossilized dinosaurs poop available for purchase, via an auction, would be a truly extraordinary thing.  It would be something actually left and surviving of the dinosaurs that roamed the earth at the very least 65 million years ago and it could be owned by a private individual!  Either most of the people at that auction seriously doubted its’ authenticity, or they truly, IMHO, weren’t using their heads very well.  #dontdevaluedinopoop

I guess I should google it to see if I can find anything online about this TV program and auction.  But why??  Because it is a perplexing story that I don’t have answers about.  


Oh dear, I think I may be getting ahead of myself with my idea to make another silly blog called “Laughing At My Insanity”.


Update:  I found an article and saw a picture of a dinosaur coprolite that measured 3’4” long.  I can honestly say that I would have no desire to own it.  So I have just been shown that I too could want to pass on acquiring a genuine dinosaur remnant because of it being a piece of shit!  Particularly because of it being all segmented and being over 3 feet long! 😝 That makes it look like a genuine article all right!  “That is f*****g huge!”



Okay, it said that they don’t know for sure that it came from a dinosaur and not some other large reptile like a turtle, but I think I would still pass on it even if it was 100% known to be of dinosaur origin. 😲😂


I think I have a storyteller in my head.


https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/longest-fossilized-poop-to-be-sold-at-auction/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Of The World & Happiness

Stuck On Word Puzzles

Now