Revelations

 I just had a ridiculous revelation.  It’s quite possible (I hope) that I have previously thought about and understood this in my life, but just now it was like it was dawning on me for the first time.  

So in our kitchens we have cabinets a.k.a. cupboards in which we store dishes, food etc.  When we think about cupboards, we are saying or hearing in our minds, “cubbards”.  Thinking about the actual spelling, though, gave me a little revelation.  Sometime in the past before enclosed cabinets were the standard thing, it was probably common place for people to just have boards attached to their kitchen walls upon which to store things such as cups. 💡A cup board.  I’m sure I must have previously comprehended this (maybe), so I guess my older brain is sometimes forgetful. 😲  Maybe this is why when people become really elderly they are cared for and treated (in best case scenarios) a lot like children.  When our brains start forgetting and having to relearn things, our minds in a certain sense have become childlike again.  Yikes, I guess I am on my way.  Or maybe I actually never before put 2 and 2 together in thinking about cupboards and boards attached to walls for holding cups.  Fortunately I want to keep exercising my brain so it will at least be in relatively good working condition. 😂

One good thing about getting older I suppose, is that we can blame our stupidity and ineptness on our age.  We just have to give ourselves permission to be viewed as stupid. 😁😂 

Who needs to be a stupid rocket scientist.  (I’m practicing for being an old person with no filter.) 😁

This makes me think of Sophia on the Golden Girls.  Ya gotta love her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Of The World & Happiness

Stuck On Word Puzzles

Now