Mirror Mirror At The Mall

 I don’t think I look so bad when I look at myself close up in my own bathroom mirror.  When I catch a glimpse of myself from a distance in some store mirror, though, it is a different story.  I think “Yikes, who is that sorry looking old lady?!”  I don’t feel that part.  My inner 10 year old has just become aged.  

This reminds me of something I first read on the web.  It was one of those conspiracy stories that claimed that our history of the past may have been altered and we may have actually lived a different past than what history now tells us about the past.  They gave different examples to illustrate this.  One was about the evil queen in the Snow White fairytale and movie.  We all remember her looking into her mirror and saying, “Mirror, mirror on the wall.  Who’s the fairest of them all?”  I clearly remember those lines and even recited them myself at times.  The actual line though was, “Magic mirror on the wall.”  This seemed quite strange and hard to believe but I looked it up and sure enough it is true.  Why do so many of us remember hearing “Mirror, mirror on the wall”?  I don’t believe that our history of the past has been altered, but it is kind of odd.  Maybe we just objected to the idea of the mirror having ever lied to the evil queen, so we disregarded the part about it being magic.  Magic mirrors should always speak with honesty.  It should have said, “The young will always have a more fair appearance, but beauty is also about what is contained in a person’s heart.  This is where lasting and eternal beauty lies and then is shared and then is payed forward through others.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Of The World & Happiness

Stuck On Word Puzzles

Now