Priorities

 One of my greatest challenges in life is to trust my own mind and brain to evaluate and prioritize what I most need to do and focus my attention on, while at the same time not paying too much heed to everything that can’t be perfect.  I have a natural need to give a lot of care and attention to details and I am afraid of overlooking and missing things, but putting this much emphasis on the perfection of things is not practical when there simply isn’t enough time to keep up with all of life’s demands and concern myself with the perfect order and perfection of things.  I have had to learn that it is better to do a satisfactory or merely adequate job of things without too much focus on details, than to fail to do things at all because they feel too overwhelming and impossible.  This is a very difficult thing to achieve for an obsessive compulsive mind that can’t handle accepting a lack of known and established order of things or of having any achieved order disrupted and undone.  Raising young children was very difficult and altering one’s approach to the realities of life is difficult when it doesn’t mesh with who you are.  Adapting and finding the most functional approach to life and its’ challenges is a slow process that must evolve over time no matter where a person’s personal challenges might lie,


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Of The World & Happiness

Stuck On Word Puzzles

Now