Facebook

I deactivated my Facebook account.  For me it is the most annoying, attention stealing and manipulative social media of all.

My dog really doesn’t care if I wish her a happy national dog day on Facebook.  She cares if I give her attention and a snack of some ham or chicken or turkey.

When Facebook does things like creating or promoting a National Day for just about anything and everyone, they are manipulating people as much as possible to feel obligated to participate with and use their social media platform.  We don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings if we fail to wish them a happy butcher, baker, or candlestick maker day.

This was just one of many things that I personally didn’t care for about Facebook.  I want to use social media if I feel like it, and not because I feel any obligation to be involved with or follow anything happening there.  People are overwhelmed by the demands and expectations of their lives already, without adding an extra burden of keeping up with and giving feedback about everything going on with or posted by our friends on Facebook.  I don’t accept social media, and Facebook involvement in particular, as a new social requirement of living, and I don’t need any social media popularity or to receive a lot of feedback from it.  I guess this is an advantage of being old enough to not get too caught up in it.  I’m quite happy even to move my ramblings to a more discreet location and be publicly ignored! 😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Of The World & Happiness

Stuck On Word Puzzles

Now